Caring for Your Personalised Sports Kit: A Guide to Long-lasting Quality
Sports kits are more than just uniforms; they represent your team's identity and pride. However, keeping them in top shape, especially when embellished with prints or embroidery, requires proper care. In this guide, we'll walk you through the essential steps to ensure your embellished sports kit looks its best and stands the test of time.
Printed Kit Care:
- Washing Inside Out: Always wash your printed kit inside out at a gentle 30°C. Avoid using higher temperatures, as these may affect the prints. The care label temperature guidelines were before printing.
- Immediate Cleaning: After use, don't leave your kit folded or bundled when damp or soiled. This could damage the print.
- No Tumble Drying: Never tumble dry printed garments. Air drying is the way to go.
- Ironing Caution: Avoid ironing directly onto the prints. Instead, turn the garment inside out and iron on the reverse side to prevent print damage.
- No Bleaching: Do not use bleach or fabric conditioner on printed kits.
Printed Rain Jackets and Waterproof Garments:
- Immediate Cleaning: Wipe clean any dirt with a damp cloth whenever possible.
- Gentle Washing: Turn the garment inside out and either hand wash it in cold water or use a cold water machine cycle. Do not use detergent or conditioner. Rinse thoroughly and air dry.
- Ironing: Just like printed kits, do not iron directly onto the prints of rain jackets and waterproof garments. Turn them inside out and iron on the reverse side.
- Avoid Folding Damp: Never fold damp rain jackets or waterproof gear.
Embroidered Kit Care:
- Follow Garment Label: If your kit has embroidery only, stick to the garment's care label instructions for washing.
- Combination Kits: For kits with both embroidery and printing, follow the wash care guide provided for printed kits. Additionally, avoid ironing directly onto embroidery. Turn the garment inside out and iron on the reverse side to protect the prints.
Additional Tips for Caring for Your Kit:
- Prevent Discolouration: Stains from mud, grass, or petroleum jelly may not completely come off during washing, leading to discolouration. To reduce this, soak your kits in warm water and detergent as soon as possible after use.
- Pre-wash Stain Remover: Utilise pre-wash stain removers, especially for white kits, to help tackle stubborn stains effectively.
- Machine Pre-wash Programme: Automatic washing machines often have a pre-wash programme. Use it to enhance stain removal.
- Mindful Washing: Do not overload your washing machine, wash dark colours separately, rinse thoroughly, and air dry your kits.
Please note that neglecting these care instructions may result in damage to your garments or custom printing. Take these steps to ensure your sports kit continues to reflect your team's pride and identity while maintaining its quality and appearance.